The booking of Samsung Galaxy Note 9 has already started, and it will go on sale from 22nd August in India. We have already discussed Samsung Galaxy Note 9’s specifications and price in our other post. But will it be worth buying? or is there any other options that you can choose? Right! In this post, we are going to compare Samsung Galaxy Note 9 with it’s another competitor Huawei P20 Pro which was launched in India a few days ago.
Samsung Galaxy Note 9 Vs. Huawei P20 Pro:-
- Samsung Galaxy notes 9 features a 6.4-inch QHD+ Super AMOLED Infinity display (2960 ×1440 pixels) with 561 ppi pixel density.
- Whereas, Huawei features a 6.1 inch (2240 × 1080 pixels) OLED full view display with 408 ppi pixels density.
Galaxy Note 9 has a bigger and better display than Huawei P20 Pro.
- The Indian version of Samsung Galaxy Note 9 is powered by Samsung Exynos 9810 SoC.
- Huawei P20 Pro is powered by Huawei’s HiSilicon Kirin 970 SoC.
If we consider the benchmark of the performance of Samsung‘s Exynos 9810 SoC and Huawei’s Kirin 970 SoC, the Exynos 9810 processor is slide faster than Huawei’s Kirin 970 SoC. So we can guess that the Samsung Galaxy Note 9’s performance will be slide smoother and faster than Huawei P20 Pro.
3. Memory & Storage:-
- Galaxy Note 9 comes with two variants; one is 128 GB ROM + 6 GB RAM variant and another is 512 GB ROM + 8 GB RAM variant. The internal storage can be expandable up to 512 GB via micro SD card.
- Huawei P20 Pro comes with only one variant which is 128 GB ROM + 6 GB RAM. And there is no Micro SD card slot so you can’t expand your storage in this device.
- In Terms of optics, Galaxy Note 9 features a Dual Rear camera setup; it has a 12 MP Wide Angle lens and another 12 MP telephoto sensor which gives an overall nice performance even in low lights. Flaw detection, Lens smudge, Backlight to improve the image quality, HDR, 4K recording, live focus mode, AR emojis are some other key features available in it. It offers an 8 MP front camera for selfies and video calling.
- On the other hand, Huawei P20 Pro comes with a triple camera setup; (40 MP + 20MP + 8 MP) on the back for the first time ever in a smartphone, And it captures really nice photos in every condition. 5X hybrid zoom, Quick and steady mood, HUAWEI AI image stabilization, 3D portrait lighting, capable of capturing Super slow motion videos are some key features of it. It has a 24 MP camera on its front.
Clearly, in this section, Huawei P20 Pro is the clear winner because its camera performance is a lot better than Samsung Galaxy Note 9’s.
5. Battery & Charging:-
- Galaxy Note 9 is powered by 4000mAh battery. It supports quick charge 2.0 and wireless charging.
- Huawei is also emblemed with a 4000mAh battery. It supports super charge fast charging which is faster than Galaxy Note 9’s charging time but it doesn’t support wireless charging.
- It runs on Samsung’s Experience UI (over Android 8.1 Oreo).
- It runs on Huawei’s Emotion UI (over Android 8.1 Oreo).
•Samsung Galaxy Note 9:-
- It is water resistant (IP68).
- It has a USB type C port and a headphone jack.
- It supports Irish and facial scanning for more security.
- Bluetooth connectivity: 5.0
- Weight: 201 grams.
- It comes with an S Pen with Bluetooth connectivity.
•Huawei P20 Pro:-
- It is water resistant (IP67).
- It has a USB type C port but doesn’t have a headphone jack.
- It has a fingerprint scanner on it’s back. But it doesn’t have the inbuilt hardware for facial recognition and Iris scanning.
- Bluetooth connectivity: 4.2
- Weight: 180 grams.
- The price of available two Samsung Galaxy Note 9 variants is Rs. 67,900 and Rs. 84,900.
- The price of an only available variant of Huawei P20 Pro is Rs.64,999.
- Huawei P20 Pro has a metal 3D glass design with a notch. And it’s only 7.8 mm thin so it feels really good in the hand and gives a premium feel. It offers an AI-powered Processor and Triple Camera, with a huge 4000 mAh battery with super fast charging support under Rs. 64,999.
- While, Samsung Galaxy Note 9 has a bigger display, slide faster performance, wireless charging support, facial and Iris scanning support, with two available variants costs Rs. 67,900 and Rs. 84,900.
So now it’s your time to decide which one you would want to purchase as per your budget and your needs between these two devices.
Still confused? got any questions? Please ask us in the comment section below.
|Specifications||Samsung Galaxy Note 9||Huawei P20 Pro|
|Price|| 6GB + 128GB @Rs. 67,900
8GB + 512GB @Rs. 84,900
|6GB + 128GB @Rs. 64,999|
|Display|| 6.4-inch Super AMOLED
1440 x 2960 pixels, 18.5:9
Gorilla Glass 5
| 6.1-inch Super AMOLED
1080 x 2240 pixels, 18.7:9
|Operating System (OS)|| Android Oreo 8.
Experience UI (Custom UI)
| Android Oreo 8.1
|Processor|| Exynos 9810 SoC
4x2.7 GHz + 4x1.8 GHz
| HiSilicon Kirin 970 SoC
4x2.4 GHz + 4x1.8 GHz
|GPU||Mali-G72 MP18||Mali-G72 MP12|
|RAM||6GB/8GB RAM||6GB RAM|
|Storage|| 128GB/512GB Inbuilt storage
Hybrid MicroSD Slot
| 128GB Inbuilt storage
No MicroSD Slot
|Rear Camera|| Dual 12MP (f/1.5-2.4) + 12MP (f/2.4)
2X Optical Zoom
Video Recording up to [email protected]
| Triple 40MP (f/1.8) + 20MP (B/W, f/1.6) + 8 MP (80mm, f/2.4)
3X Optical Zoom
Video Recording up to [email protected]
|Front Camera||8 MP, f/1.7||24 MP, f/2.0|
|Battery||4,000 mAh with Quick Charge 2.0||4,000 mAh with 4.5V/5A Fast Charger|
|Color Variants||Metallic copper, Lavender purple, Ocean blue, Midnight black||Twilight, Black, Midnight Blue, Pink Gold|
|Weight and Measurement|| 201 grams
161.9 x 76.4 x 8.8 mm
| 180 grams
155 x 73.9 x 7.8 mm